Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Opening Day



Opening day is fast approaching, and I have to admit-it gives me mixed feelings. My love of fly fishing is tied to a need for solitude and in less than a week anglers will be out in droves crowding all of the streams we've been kept away from all winter. Don't get me wrong, I love fishing with friends and meeting people on the water- but a part of me is dreading the weekend crowds that are about to materialize. I have a day job, that’s when I can fish too. But I fish all year and the relative solitude of winter fishing is well worth the cold and slow fishing. That said- there is excitement in the air for us anglers and I'm really looking forward to having the many options of our amazing Croton watershed open once again.

It's also opening day for this blog. I don't have any grand statements to make here, just that I plan to write about the o̶b̶s̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ hobby that I love and share what little I really know about it. Some photos of enormous  brown trout wouldn't hurt either, but I'll get to that. Hopefully.

8 comments:

  1. hey chris,

    Cool blog. I feel the same as you. This is one of the main reasons why i do a lot of my early fly fishing in CT. There season opens up later in april so a lot less crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I definitely plan to spend more time in CT this season, so many great streams there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, good luck with your blog! I enjoyed this first entry. I wish you a lot of luck with your site and hope you have a great season. See you on the water, man - tight lines! Tom L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom! Hope you have a great season too, you're well on your way already., I'll see you out there.

      Delete
  4. Chris, cool to see you've started a blog. Ill definitely be checking in!

    Best,

    Mike (Slow Drift from the boards)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks Mike! I'll add you to my blog list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason it's giving me a hard time adding your blog. Might just be finicky right now, I'll try again later!

    ReplyDelete